[NTLUG:Discuss] ubuntu anyone

Johnny Cybermyth djcybermyth at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 09:48:36 CDT 2005

Thanks for the clarification on the amd64 problem.  I was really
disappointed that Ubuntu didn't work on that laptop as it belongs to a
fellow electrical engineer interested in learning something about linux.
  I really had him sold on the "try before you buy" idea of Ubuntu.

This still leaves the reoccurring issue of getting X to display advanced
resolutions correctly.  I have a desktop using a 19" LCD with 1280x1024
native resolution and I can't get Ubuntu to display in that mode.  I've
tried the Advanced boot features and I don't know why I didn't have any
luck with that.  It has been a while since I've tried, so I'll try again
and post with more specific results if anyone else is interested.

J. CyberMyth