[NTLUG:Discuss] Debian vs Ubuntu vs (your hometown hero)

Johnny Cybermyth djcybermyth at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 09:10:50 CDT 2005

I want to move to a Linux system that is easier to upgrade and install
packages than my current system(RH9) and have been impressed with
Debian's net install and apt utility.  So, what would be some
considerations in choosing a debian-based distro(like Ubuntu) over plain
Debian?  Upgradeability?  Project longevity?

I see that Ubuntu has new release which I hope will lay to rest the
1280x1024 resolution issue that I still have with their "warty" release.

The machine will be used for typical home use(internet, CD burning,
etc...) as well as EE design and layout work(gEDA) and, in the future,
some driver development.

Thanks in advance All.