[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: Mozilla/Firefox HTML validator

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 19 10:41:30 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 09:40:28AM -0500,  tr_data1 wrote:
> >>problem is, I am forced to use InternetExploder, due to some incompat. in
> >>their login logic. It's at the bottom left of north.coppellisd.com, where you
> >>will see "My Portal" caption with a user and password text fields.
>
> Looks like some clarification is in need here. I am not creating the school's
> web pages, I'm trying to use them (with Firefox 1.0.3). The school wrote
> pages that I think have some kind of M$-specific code. My quest is to find
> a tool/plugin that ideally works with the pages or at least identifies what is
> M$-specific (in hopes I can get them to change their pages to be compat).

FWIW, I looked through the pages briefly and I didn't see anything in the
HTML itself that was Microsoft specific -- it looked like straightforward
HTML to me.  The login form does use javascript for the "Login" submit
button link, and the javascript looked a little odd, but if that was
the problem then pressing "Login" wouldn't even bring up the second
login page.

In short, I think the problem must be something on the server end that
isn't processing the form correctly once it's received, as opposed to
being anything wrong with the HTML being sent to the browser.  But I
didn't look into it in great detail, and I didn't go past the first page
since I don't have a valid username/password for the site.

Hope this helps.

Pm