[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: Need Distro Recommendation, Please

Brian brian at pongonova.net
Fri May 6 12:23:49 CDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 11:50:16AM -0500, Terry wrote:
>         Conclusion,
> Debian or Slackware  =  two best choices
>       [both non-commercial distros]

Only of the four considered...I chose those four to demonstrate the
concept.  If this were a rigorous analysis, I would have additionally
chosen several other distros for comparison.

It would be interesting to rank all the distros on the basis of
average time between releases.  The difficulty here would be weeding
out the ouliers if an automated process was used.

  --Brian