[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: Need Distro Recommendation, Please

Brian brian at pongonova.net
Fri May 6 23:41:46 CDT 2005

Ralph--

I use release date data from distrowatch.com.  The values represent
the number of days between the release date of version X and the
release date of version X+1.  The values you cite were thrown
out as outliers.  Otherwise, Mandriva would have been ranked even
lower.

If Mandriva were to move to a once-per-year release schedule, then
yes, I would agree that they would move up in the rankings.  I was
reviewing only historical data, and didn't take into account future
release schedules.

  --Brian