[NTLUG:Discuss] Hook SSHD into sendmail milter?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Sun Jul 10 16:32:54 CDT 2005

Brian:

The hosts.allow and hosts.deny are text files with IP specifications.
That is not what I want to do.  I want to be able to use my existing
sendmail milter to reject connections to sshd.

Is there a way to configure sshd to call a program to check whether
an IP is allowed or not?

I see that hosts_access in section 3 of the man pages has
this function:

int hosts_ctl(daemon, client_name, client_addr, client_user)
       char *daemon;
       char *client_name;
       char *client_addr;
       char *client_user;

Is there a way to get sshd to call a program I write that implements
this method?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (214) 986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by