[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: Linux driver for Canon 20D (digital SLR)

tr_data1 tr_data1 at ev1.net
Wed Dec 7 12:38:05 CST 2005

>I am pretty sure libgphoto2 has support for the 20D.

It's likely an install issue. I had a previous version of gphoto2 on
the system. The new exec is probably pointing at old libs.

> Of course card readers tend to be much faster.

IIRC, the Canon 20D supports USB 2.0. So, if the card reader
isn't that much faster, then I'd prefer the safer camera->PC.

> Also you might look at dcraw to convert the RAW photos.

Thanks! I haven't explored RAW from this camera yet (as I
just got it a few weeks ago). IIRC, it has a newer / different
way of RAW than previous Canon digicams.
=TR=

PS: At this point, I'm requesting the topic be taken off the
list unless there are others interested in listening in...