[NTLUG:Discuss] Help with xorg.conf Settings?!

brian at pongonova.net brian at pongonova.net
Sat Sep 16 20:38:19 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 08:12:02PM -0500, David Simmons wrote:
> I have two idential monitors - one is at 85Hz refresh - the other is at
> 60Hz (according to the monitor menus - and my eyes because of the flicker)
>
> Since it's configured as one large screen - why are the resolutions
> different?

Wow...that's quite a config file!  It takes about five "Option" lines
to do what you're trying to do.  I'd try an additional Option to what
you already have:

Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" 50.0 - 120.0

Get rid of all the extraneous mode line parameters and other options
that you don't need or will never use.  It will make debugging your
issue much easier by eliminating the extra cruft.

Good luck...

  --Brian