[NTLUG:Discuss] mbox repair util/script?

. Daniel xdesign at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:13:15 CST 2006

Well this has happened twice so far and I'm wondering why.  My wife's
account on my mail server has twice managed to become corrupted in some
way.  (The time in between the incidents is greater than a year so I'm not
so much worried about the cause as I am about the correction.)

I have done a cursory search for a utility to scan and correct a damaged
mbox mail file and I am so far surprised that I haven't found any.  Perhaps
I have been searching for the wrong terms though (in my case, I searched
"mbox repair").  It's surprising to me because the mbox file format is just
so simple.  I'm sure I have overlooked something and that someone here will
have a recommendation right off the top of their heads.

Anyone have a suggestion for a simple, preferably command-line interfaced,
utility to repair damaged mbox mailboxes?