[NTLUG:Discuss] mbox repair util/script?

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Mon Nov 20 10:34:21 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 09:13:15AM -0600, . Daniel wrote:
> Well this has happened twice so far and I'm wondering why.  My wife's
> account on my mail server has twice managed to become corrupted in some
> way.  (The time in between the incidents is greater than a year so I'm not
> so much worried about the cause as I am about the correction.)
What program says it is broken?  What's the exact error message?  What
programs have been messing with her mail?

In the past I've found that some program removed the first line of the
mbox.  copying the next "From " line(not ot be confused with a "From: "
line, wuite different) to the top of the file in an editor fixed it.