[NTLUG:Discuss] More Problems

Dennis Myhand dmyhand at ednaisd.org
Fri Feb 23 11:41:34 CST 2007

I am having more problems with my Debian System.  Yesterday after I came
home from work when I moved the mouse to clear off the screen saver
nothing happened.  The screen saver stayed put and there was no input
from the mouse.  I did a hard restart since trying to get any response
by the keyboard was not doing any good either. After the restart, when
it got to offering the option to go into bios setup, I did so I could
see if it was overheating again.  It was not over heating and the fan
was turning.  I let the system start, worked with it for about 20
minutes, left and came back an hour later and it had locked up again.  I
did another restart, worked with it for about 15 minutes and it locked
up without the screen saver coming up.  Does anyone have a suggestion as
to what the problem might be?  Thanks, Dennis