[NTLUG:Discuss] Board Elections new meeting location for March and April IMPORTANT

Stuart Johnston saj at thecommune.net
Mon Feb 25 15:12:02 CST 2008

Stuart Johnston wrote:
> Chris Cox wrote:
>> Stuart Johnston wrote:
>>> I remember that too.  It was pretty great and I'd love to see it happen
>>> again.
>>>
>>> I currently work in an office at the Infomart.  The building changed
>>> management a few years ago and is undergoing a bit of a renewal.
>>> Companies expanding and others moving in to fill all the empty space.
>>> Perhaps someone for the group would like to contact them to see if it is
>>> a possibility?  The website seems to have gone missing but here's the
>>> archive:
>>>
>>> http://web.archive.org/web/20070209052903/www.infomartusa.com/contact.html
>> Aren't you part of the group?  If you're already there, it would be
>> helpful if you could check into the possibility for us... yes?
>
> My physical location doesn't affect my ability to pick up a phone or
> send an email.  ;)
>
> Mostly I was thinking that the inquiry would be better coming from
> someone on the board, or at least someone who actually goes to meetings.
>   I guess I could check and see if there is someone I could talk to this
> afternoon.

Meeting space at the Infomart is now handled by Aramark.  My assumption
is that they are going to be profit focused and more interested in
hosting wedding receptions than a bunch of geeks.  Probably not what we
are looking for but I have a name and phone number if you are interested
in pursuing further.