[NTLUG:Discuss] Board Elections new meeting location for March and April IMPORTANT

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Mon Feb 25 15:46:00 CST 2008

Stuart Johnston wrote:
> Meeting space at the Infomart is now handled by Aramark.  My assumption
> is that they are going to be profit focused and more interested in
> hosting wedding receptions than a bunch of geeks.  Probably not what we
> are looking for but I have a name and phone number if you are interested
> in pursuing further.

Hmmm.. afaik, this means things haven't changed.  So Informart
is still not really interested in hosting groups anymore.

Which if fine really.  I think we look at the Infomart through
rose-colored glasses.  When we used to meet there: no projector,
no screen, sometimes no chairs, sometimes not a lot of air
conditioning, etc.  LIP wasn't a room but a table with room
for about 2 -3 folks at most...  we're a bit spoiled now.