[NTLUG:Discuss] OpenOffice question

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:02:10 CDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Fred James <fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net> wrote:
> All
> Running OpenOffice (2.2.1 on Mandriva 2008 if it makes a difference?)
> Is there a reason for OpenOffice to be trying to connect to the Internet
at that point?
> How would one stop this type of activity, or should one even try?

I'm running OpenOffice.org 2.4 on Ubuntu 8.04 and do not get the
results you describe.  I would suspect it is a bug in OOo 2.2.1 that
has since been fixed or there is something in that document that is
causing the issue.  Have you tried creating a blank document and then
repeating the steps?  Do you get the same results?

Regards,
- Robert