[NTLUG:Discuss] Network printing

Fred fredstevens at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 11:22:50 CDT 2009

Or should it say "shared printing"?

I have one opensuse 10.3/kde 3.5 box with printer, need to
print to it from another linux box (PCLinuxOS/kde 3.5). Cups
config on the pclos box is
ipp://192.168.1.150:631/printers/hp-c4480 and the proper
hplip driver file is selected. opensuse firewall port 631 is open
but when I try to print from the pclos box the cups printer status
says

"recoverable: Network host '192.168.1.150' is busy; will retry in
20 seconds..."

and, of course, nothing happens. The file prints ok from the
opensuse box.

The cups ipp setting basically is the same as the one for the
HP 3820 that went belly up.

Cups server config file:

LogLevel info
TempDir /var/spool/cups/tmp