[NTLUG:Discuss] FYI: Perl Mongers tonight

MadHat Unspecific madhat at unspecific.com
Wed Oct 9 12:53:39 CDT 2013

There is also a choice of DC214.  The local DefCon group for hackers.
Unfortunately we meet tonight as well.

7-9 at Bryan Street Tavern at 4315 Bryan Street, Dallas TX, between
Peak and Carroll.
http://www.bryanstreettavern.com/

dc214.org
twitter.com/dc214dfw
facebook.com/groups/dc214

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM, John Fields <wigthft at gmail.com> wrote:
> In case you haven't been following the Perl list...  A one time post for
> the new dfw.pm.  Cheers!
>
> Do you like Star Trek, Star Wars, space, astronomy, or science fiction?
> Think of your favorite thing from that class of awesomeness, then add
> Perl.  What you end up with is The Lacuna Expanse, an MMORPG written in
> Perl, which you can play for free.
>
> Lacuna Expanse server is open source, as is the web client.  These are good
> times my friends, because right now it is easier than ever to play LE and
> to dev LE.  We're talking about it at tonight's  meeting.  We'll have a
> game play demo, talk about how it relates to Perl, and for the adventurous
> we will talk about how to hack on its Perl source code at github.
>
> We look forward to seeing you at 7, my fellow space
> travelers/warriors/captains/Jedi masters/Sith lords/yellow
> shirts/Romulans/Bothans/Sons of Mogh/PERL HACKERS!
>
> Meeting info:
> This (should) be followed up with a Google hangout invitation so you can
> attend from home (or space) in case you can't make it to the meeting.
>
> Dallas Makerspace building at:
> 2995 Ladybird Lane, Dallas, TX
> www.dallasmakerspace.org
> (214)699-6537

MadHat Unspecific (madhat at unspecific.com)
"The true man wants two things: danger and play.
 For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
                          - Friedrich Nietzsche