[NTLUG:Discuss] Looking for a couple of things

Leroy Tennison leroy.tennison at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 22:58:18 CST 2015

A queuing print server appliance and a way to have a cloud-based CIFS
file server that remote PCs could log into.  I'm trying to move small
offices totally to the cloud - no local file server.  A cloud-based file
server of any kind where local PCs could authenticate to it
(unfortunately we're talking that other operating system here) would
eliminate file storage (the cloud server can be any OS which supports
this).  This leaves printing.  What I've seen of print server appliances
is that they are pass-through (won't queue multiple simultaneous jobs)
or NAS plus print server units (but they don't state that the print
server uses the NAS for queuing).

I realize I could probably do a modified Live-CD using Samba with USB
memory or SSD but that's looking a little too much like a traditional
file server from a support perspective.

Any ideas or reasonably-priced product pointers would be appreciated.