[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux program for reducing Athlon/Duron power during idle

David Neeley dbneeley at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 23:52:14 CST 2001

I don't know if you have seen this, but http://www.naggelgames.de/vcool/
has a small utility for reducing the power consumption during idle of the
Athlon or Duron processors. (They also have a version for that other OS!).

There is a makefile for SuSE as well as the source for other distributions,
according to the Website.

Lately, I've been looking into lower power and noise for my next machines
and stumbled across this one. I hope it might help some of you!

David