[NTLUG:Discuss] Red Hat Network

Rev. wRy slot0k at pogox.org
Mon Feb 18 22:42:45 CST 2002

nOn Mon, 2002-02-18 at 22:18, Rick Matthews wrote:
> Anyone else here taking advantage of the RHN for updates?

Depends on what the update actually is.  RHN still doesn't play nice
with Ximian, IME.

> It has been working fine for me for the past 6 months or so. On 2/10
> the power blinked about an hour after I flew out of town for a week,
> and up2date stopped working about an hour after that. (How do they
> know when I leave??)

Your machine periodically checks in with their servers, unless you tell
it not to.  Default checkin time is 120 minutes.

> Any idea what this is?

As root, try:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/rhnsd restart

If that doesn't work, well, I'll keep digging around.

> TIA,
>
> Rick Matthews

Ry
(assuming that you are on a machine that's hooked to the net 24/7)