[NTLUG:Discuss] pppd questions

Geremy L. Hamlett ghamlett at swbell.net
Tue Mar 26 14:50:30 CST 2002

The problem was DNS nameserver in the resolv.conf file.  The DNS's were
being put in to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf  and not into /etc/resolv.conf. I
don't know why, but now it works.  Mabey this will help the few of you
who responded w/ similar problems.

Now that I my pppd working as root. I can't get it to work as another
user.  I have checked all the permisions and can't figure this one out.
My pppd executable is in /usr/sbin/.  When I try to run it as a normal
user it says that pppd does not exsist.  When I su to root and run pppd I
get the same problem.  Now What am I missing?  I can only get pppd to run
when I am logged in as root.

Thanks for all your help.
--
Geremy L. Hamlett