[NTLUG:Discuss] FAT 32 mounted under linux gets corrupted.

chris.gamble@CPBINC.com chris.gamble at CPBINC.com
Wed Mar 27 12:47:16 CST 2002

I am using kernel 2.4.18 under rh 7.2 and as the default kernel in mandrake
8.2. I mount the FAT 32 on a 30 gig hard drive, and as shortly after I start
using the fat 32 partition, it crashes. Not the OS, but the harddrive.
Sometimes, it jsut switches to read only mode, other times it completely
trashes the partition and I have to reformat the fat32 drive.

So, my question is, anyone else have this problem? Any ideas how I can
resolve it?