[NTLUG:Discuss] FAT 32 mounted under linux gets corrupted.

bryn konti bkontr at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 22:58:46 CST 2002

I have been mounting windows partitions formatted by
windows/DOS under linux for years and I have never
come across this type of problem myself.....that may
just be luck.  I guess the first question I would have
to ask is what does  your /etc/fstab look like....or
if you are mounting the partition as root what args
are you using with the mount command. I also would ask
if this is a separate disk or another primary/logical
partition on the same hard-drive. If the problem only
exists on a separate disk formatted with FAT, the
problem might be hardware related.  Yet another
question might be whether you format the FAT partition
using a Microsoft product or with something else....