[NTLUG:Discuss] LONG time when sending to hotmail or msn

Alton R. Pouncey, II alton at trainers-r-us.com
Thu Jun 6 20:30:00 CDT 2002

Sounds like a problem on the hotmail network.  I tried telnetting to
port 25 on mx01.hotmail.com and it just sat there attempting to connect.

I was able to telnet to port 25 on smtp-gw-4.msn.com without any
problems and run commands there.

AFAIK, Sendmail shouldn't be picky about the domain(s) you are sending
to.  Either Sendmail works or it doesn't.  Since you have no problems
sending email to other domains, I would look elsewhere for the cause of
this particular problem - network or DNS would be my first guesses.

Alton R. Pouncey, II
SCSA, SCNA, CCNA, CIW Professional