[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: LinkSys WPC11 wireless card install help

technogeezer@attbi.com technogeezer at attbi.com
Tue Feb 18 19:40:18 CST 2003

Just an FYI to the group: I solved my dilemma and now have a working laptop with wireless connectivity! Hold the applause <wink>

In case anyone is interested in how I did it, I must confess that I didn't do it with Mandrake 9.0 as I had hoped to. I used Red Hat 8.0. I then followed the instructions provided by the crank himself (http://linux.oldcrank.com/tips/wpc11/)  and viola!, my Internet she is appearing on my laptop.

There is a side effect of using Red Hat (it seems I always have to trade one problem for another): after playing a music CD, a tapping sound keeps playing -- almost like an endless loop. Can anyone tell me how to change my sound card options? I can't seem to figure it out in Red Hat 8.0.

Thanks to all on this list that helped me try to solve this issue.

Frank