[NTLUG:Discuss] adding 2nd hard disk

Greg Edwards gedwards at netbsa.org
Thu Dec 27 10:27:37 CST 2007

>> But there are lots of variables, and unless you know exactly
>> what you're dealing with you might not want to take a random
>> stab at solving the problem just quite yet.  So poke around
>> a bit and see what you can determine first.
>>

> Thanks Chris,

> but i know that windows didn't write anything to my MBR on the 500 gig
> disk as the 20 was already loaded with windows when it was installed.
so
> the windows installer never did see the 500 gig disk.

> --
> Christopher D. Thompson

Look at the BIOS boot order settings.  You might be using the 20G drive
as the 1st boot search device.  If the 500G drive has an MBR and is
searched before the 20G drive then it should be the boot device.  The
master/slave relationship really doesn't have anything to do with boot
search order.

--
Greg Edwards